Monday, February 29, 2016

The "March" of War


The “March” of War

February was a wash. My knees have caused my plans to fall completely apart. This setback has led me to a few realizations. The 1st is that I can’t run. As much as I want to I just can’t. My knees are not strong enough. Realization the 2nd is that my Trifecta goal for this year will have to wait. I cannot risk injury again just to prove something to myself. Even if I thought I could be physically ready the risk is just too high. I need to focus on other things to ready myself for the challenge of a Spartan Race Trifecta. For now my fitness plans with focus on weight loss and strengthening my knees. Once that has happened I can focus on trying to run and train for the 2017 Trifecta.

Based on this new intel the previous Mission has been scrubbed. We have analysed our forces’ weaknesses and have devised a new plan of attack. The new Mission Briefing begins now. NOTE: previous Mission Objectives in place to reflect the changes.

2016 Missions

  • Get down to 250 lbs
  • Complete Spartan Trifecta Get down to at least an XL and below 40 inch waist
  • Create something - this sounds vague but I know what it means and it is hard to put in words

Phase I Operations

Fitness
  • Complete DDP Yoga
  • Complete C25K
  • Walk at least 30 min, 3 times a week
  • Work out at least 3 time a week
  • Get below 300
Diet (no changes needed)
  • Track as much food as possible
    • I will be using LoseIt, MapMyFitness, and Fitbit apps for this
  • Minimal sugar intake (including carbs)
    • Self-explanatory. Just cutting as much sugar out as possible
  • No bored/stress/travel snacking
    • This is my biggest problem. I bored eat. I stress eat. I drive a lot and tend to eat for something to do.
Life
  • Less frivolous spending
    • No stopping for snacks/drinks/drive-thru on daily commute
    • Basically only buy things I absolutely need
  • Improve time management/make better use of time/stay on task
    • I tend to get distracted easily, especially at work
    • Spend less leisure time on social media - big time waster
    • Multitask when possible
  • Do something creative just for me for at least 1 hour a week (overridden by high priority)
  • Study for CS Teaching Certificate Test
  • Learn Javascript
The launch date for the new Mission is February 29th. Keep watch for future Mission Updates. Until then may the Force be with you and may the Power protect you.

\m/ THERE IS NO TRY \m/

No comments: