Monday, January 4, 2016

All New, All Different Captain


Welcome to the official 1st post of the newly relaunched This Is Your Captain Speaking. This blog will serve as an accountability system for my efforts to get healthier as well as an outlet to share my thoughts and creative endeavors. We will begin with my goals or Missions for 2016. These are not New Year's Resolutions. These are Missions. The structure of my Missions and how I will be reporting my progress is modeled after the Nerd Fitness 6 Week Challenge. I'll go into more detail on the awesomeness that is Nerd Fitness in a future post. For now let's get to the Mission Briefing.

I have over-all Missions for the year that will be managed quarterly with smaller Operations (Ops) leading to the overall Objective. Ops are broken into three categories: Fitness, Diet, and Life.

2016 Missions

  • Get down to 250 lbs - this is ~6 lbs per month
  • Complete Spartan Trifecta
  • Create something - this sounds vague but I know what it means and it is hard to put in words


Phase I Operations - Quarter 1


Fitness

  • Complete DDP Yoga
    • This is a 13-week program
  • Complete C25K
    • This is only a 9-week program but I am sure there will be weeks I need to repeat
  • Get below 300
    • This is completely doable and right in line with my over target for the year
Diet
  • Track as much food as possible
    • I will be using LoseIt, MapMyFitness, and Fitbit apps for this
  • Minimal sugar intake (including carbs)
    • Self-explanatory. Just cutting as much sugar out as possible
  • No bored/stress/travel snacking
    • This is my biggest problem. I bored eat. I stress eat. I drive a lot and tend to eat for something to do.
Life
  • Less frivolous spending
    • No stopping for snacks/drinks/drive-thru on daily commute
    • Basically only buy things I absolutely need
  • Improve time management/make better use of time/stay on task
    • I tend to get distracted easily, especially at work
    • Spend less leisure time on social media - big time waster
    • Multitask when possible
  • Do something creative just for me for at least 1 hour a week
    • Flex my creative muscle. This blog does not count.
I will post Mission updates regularly with the status of each Op. These Missions are flexible and can be updated and modified as needed. The Mission begins today (January 4th) my plan right now is to post Mission updates every other Monday so look for the 1st update in 2 weeks. Until then may the Force be with you and may the Power protect you.

\m/ THERE IS NO TRY \m/

No comments: