Monday, February 27, 2012

At Long Last (Shameless Self Promotion)...

After many years of spinning my wheels, I am proud to say... I am a podcaster! This is something I have wanted to for a very long time. I have bought equipment and made plans and gone nowhere. I tried to get something going at work and that has never really taken off. About a year a half to two years ago one of my best friends suggested we do a podcast. He and I have wanted to collaborate on something for years but he lived up north and I lived here. We planned it all out. We had a name, a logo, a format (kind of) and we were ready to go. Then we didn't. About a year ago another of my best friends off-handly mentioned his desire to do a podcast and would that be something that interested me. He and I got a bit further with ours, but still nothing. Finally, after growing tired of waiting, I decided to combine efforts and see if the three of us could pull this off. Erik had recently moved back to Texas so we had no more excuses. I gathered all my equipment, opened up a website and gmail account got the ball rolling. Soon we had a Twitter account and Facebook page and were scheduled to record the first episode. Before the first episode Erik suggested the addition of a fourth host. With the team in place it was time to record.


On February 4th we gathered around my kitchen table and recorded the first episode of Too Nerdy For TV. It was a blast. We all had a great time. There were some technical issues and it was wired so crazy with the equipment we had I'm shocked it sounded as good as it did. February 8th, despite some MAJOR problems from our web host, we were live with "The Saga Begins", the premiere episode of our show. We had planned to meet up again to record the second episode but life got in the way and we were still having some major problems with the site. We worked all the bugs out, found a new web host, got a proper domain, and finally got this beast some life.


We recorded two more episodes over the weekend and we are now live in iTunes. We are working really hard on this show and I am so excited to be in iTunes. We release new episodes on Wednesdays. We are a work in progress and we appreciate any feedback you can give us. Head on over to www.toonerdyfortv.com and check us out. Follow us on Twitter, Like us on Facebook, and subscribe to the show. I cannot say enough how proud I am of this show and how cool it is to have my name on iTunes. #humblebrag

\m/ IS NOT TRY \m/

No comments: