Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Call me cheap if you want...

Short update today. Working on a few projects at home. I have a 4-day weekend coming up so I have some time to play around with some stuff. I am closing in on the end of Level I of Rushfit. I have three weeks left. Between now and the beginning of Level II I am trying to get some more equipment. I am looking to add the following items:

TITLE MMA Training and Fitness Dummy - $100 + $22 shipping = $122

TITLE Uppercut Bag - $90 + $25 shipping = $115

TITLE Double End Bag - $40 + free shipping = $40

Total for these items is $277. I am not spending $277. My using items around the house and some pseudo dumpster-diving I am going to be able to make all the items listed above for less than $50 (I think maybe even less than $30). I will post updates as I finish things. Short version:

Dummy = old carpet (wrapped in duck tape)

Uppercut bag = 50 lbs of play sand and old clothes in an old duffle bag. (possibly wrapped in duck tape)

Double End Bag = kids bounce ball (wrapped in duck tape)

I am really excited to get my "gym" finished. I have considered an actual MMA gym, but since I have no plans to actually fight anyone and I am just doing this for fun I see no need to pay expensive gym fees and the gas to get there (closest gym is 30 miles away). I will post pictures when everything is done.

I have about half of THIS built, but I can't seem to figure out exactly how to finish it. With everything else I am making, it is not that big a deal.

\m/ IS NO TRY \m/

No comments: