Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Don't call it a comeback...


So last week I hit a wall with my workout. For some reason my motivation was GONE. I have been going hard core for 5 weeks and once I hit week 6 i just hit a wall. I talked to come friends and did some internal searching and I think I figured out what the problem was: I could not get out of my own head.


I did an update for 4 weeks which was half way through my program. I was not seeing the numbers I thought I should have and I was suddenly feeling like it was no longer worth it. I got up inside my dead and was psyching myself out. I have since realized that I was being stupid and it did not matter. I also Tweeted/Facebooked my plight to @GSPRushfit and for about an hour or so I became a Twitter celebrity. There was such an influx of support from random people on Twitter. It was humbling. No one said anything overly profound or motivational, it was just having the support from total strangers that kicked me back in to high gear.


I think part of my problem is that I weigh in every day. I have a 1/10 pound scale so I can see every change. That is good and bad. I know some people do not even weigh in or they only do out of curiosity. I am sure there is a split on each side of the fence for that. For me, it helps. It does motivate me and it helps me know what causes me to gain and lose. At the same time I was hoping for more dramatic losses by the numbers than I have seen. I understand the biology behind it and know that muscle weighs more than fat and this program is definitely building muscle. That does not always help. I am focusing on the inches and physical results over the actual weight numbers and I am doing great. I have two weeks left on this run. I am taking a couple of weeks off Rushfit after I finish to focus on my cardio. I have just about finished my homemade equipment and will have pictures posted soon. For now I am still pushing through and having fun. Can't wait for the end of week 8 to see where I am on my measurements and such.

\m/ IS NOT TRY \m/

No comments: